Tuesday 30 October 2012

True Blue

This is the 'True Blue' short scarf I felted on Sunday, and I have to say I am really pleased with how it has turned out. I used a Merino blended top from Sara's Texture Crafts in the Lagoon colourway. This is the longest piece I have felted so far, measuring 46 inches long pre-felting. I must admit there was a moment of panic when I thought it was going to be longer than my table, but it was exactly the same length *phew!*

The colour is just beautiful, and so hard to capture a decent photograph in our dimly lit home.....curse you spotlights!





I have a couple more cowls and scarves planned, and I am itching to get on with my own merino/silk blend lovely. I also plan to have a couple of silver pendants made over the next couple of days, free time permitting! 
In the meantime I'll leave you with a photograph of yesterdays evening's sunset, such inspiring colours. Maybe I could blend my own colours to make a short scarf like this.....

Sari xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment