Tuesday 20 November 2012

Pendant & Onions

Well it's safe to say that life has had me well and truly in its grip! I haven't been able to get much felting or jewellery making done what with one thing or another. The wet, windy and wild Welsh winter weather (six W's!!) has arrived which means our geldings are stabled at night for respite and shelter from the depressing rain and mud. This of course means getting up early and stable duties. I wear my small one up on my back and she shares out carrots much to her delight while I watch out for over enthusiastic teeth!

I have been able to make a few things recently; salt dough Yuletide tree decorations that seem to be taking ages to dry, body butter bars (requiring further tweaking of cocoa butter to oil ratios), and some amazing red onion marmalade. The recipe given was 10oz of sugar and 1/4 pint of red wine vinegar for every 1lb of onions. Bring to the boil and cook for about 1/2 hour, liquid should thicken on cooling. Ours didn't thicken much as I used the ingredients for 2lb of onions when I had maybe 1lb8oz onions...oooops! Still, no complaints here, over half a jar was eaten last night on baked potatoes!

I have also been working with some polymer clay, and made this fingerprint pendant last week in time to wear it while we went with my little girl to the hospital for an MRI scan.


I just love it! I attached a sterling silver oval jumpring and threaded the pendant onto a sterling snake chain. Tali loves it too and will press her finger in it if you ask her how we made it.

On the subject of pendants, I also found time to thread the leaf pendant, and I think it looks fab. Apologies for the poor quality photograph. The leaf measure 4cm long by 3.2cm at the widest point  and is hung from an 18 inch long, 1.9mm thick snake chain. It will be listed on Etsy for £33 unless it is sold before.


Over the next few days I hope to finish a felt piece I have been working on so it can be sent off to its new home in Montana as part of a gift exchange, and then I will hopefully have a chance to get back into the swing of things and finally make a merino/silk blend scarf in time for our trip to Bath for the Christmas markets. Can't wait!

Sari xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment