Thursday 20 December 2012

First Snowflake of 2012!

For me anyway!! We tend to have more rain, mist and drizzle than snow here is Wales.....

Ok, so we may not have had snow but I don't let things like that get in the way of my love of snowflakes, which brings me to the holiday fibre art piece I made for an international exchange.


I started by wet felting white merino topped with two shades of grey and a sprinkling of silver glitter. Once the piece had dried I needlefelted the snowflake design with a bit of help from a ruler and a protractor. Then I gently wet felted in the snowflake. Finally I added some tiny clear glass seed beads.

Overall I was really pleased with how well this project turned out as previously I have never used glitter or needlfelted then wet felted a design. I can't wait to do more!

Sari xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment